From SciNet Users Documentation
- Downtime Announcement for December 18, 2018
The SciNet datacentre will need to undergo a maintenance shutdown in order to perform electrical work and repairs. This is in preparation for the upcoming installation of an emergency power generator and a larger UPS, which will result in increased resilience to power glitches and outages. The shutdown is scheduled for Tuesday December 18th 2018, from 7 am to 7 pm and there will be no access to any of the SciNet systems (Niagara, P7, P8, BGQ, SGC, HPSS, Teach cluster, or the filesystems) during this time.
Check back here for up-to-date information on the status of the systems.
- Tue Nov 22 14:20:00 EDT 2018: HPSS back in service
- Tue Nov 22 08:55:00 EDT 2018: HPSS offline for scheduled maintenance
- Tue Nov 20 16:30:00 EDT 2018: HPSS offline on Thursday 9AM for installation of new LTO8 drives in the tape library.
- Tue Oct 9 12:16:00 EDT 2018: BGQ compute nodes are up.
- Sun Oct 7 20:24:26 EDT 2018: SGC and BGQ front end are available, BGQ compute nodes down related to a cooling issue.
- Sat Oct 6 23:16:44 EDT 2018: There were some problems bringing up SGC & BGQ, they will remain offline for now.
- Sat Oct 6 18:36:35 EDT 2018: Electrical work finished, power restored. Systems are coming online.